Tuesday 6 November 2012

My Halloween Character!

In class over the halloween period I was practicing my Sally character makeup from The Nightmare Before Christmas! LOVE THIS FILM!


I did it rather well I think, will be adding pictures of my work soon (problems with adding pictures from my phone :( ) I love the fact that although the character is a doll model in the films, when doing the character makeup the scars and stitches I do are made to look as real as possible with the flesh pulled with the string but the cartoon-like eyes are made to look animated. Getting both to work together is quite a challange but was excellent fun and such a great feeling when I manage to get it looking perfect! :D

I did make slight changes though when it came to the stitching, the stiches are pale on the character but I did them to look like black thread holding her together, just so it could contrast against the colouring I did to show the skin being tightly pulled. Also felt it helped with the definition of her cheeks.

Images to follow guys, shant be long!

Big luvz, JD xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment